Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

"A Night to Remember"

One dark night, I decided to walk going to Luneta Park,
I faced my fears because of depression at home,
I remember the whole scenario,
Tatay was so drunk and he hitted Nanay,
Nanay just so silently crying and so helpless...
They never noticed how I run away with them,
just wanted to escape from the reality of life...
I remember how my classmates got a good dress,
the best toys and the best shoes,
I remember how I never experienced to play a Barbie doll,
and looked at my old, worn out shoes that I used at school.

I sighed and continue walking without my slippers on,
I've met a lot of street children,
Their hands got a piece of a plastic with a rugby on it...
and they will sniff it all over...over and over again
and they will run fast as they could as if they own the world...
I was wondering why I have to meet them?
Was I destined to be one of those unlucky children on this Earth?

My feet felts so numb yet am still walking,
And find myself along the bay,
I've seen a lot of men who are so drunk,
I walked fast as I could when I noticed that
an old drunk man stared at me from head to toe,
My heart beats faster as normal when he shouted at me,
"Hey, Neng! Can you sit down here for a while?"
I was so scared.
His face was so scary and he is a big man.
I run fast as I could,
until I've reached the Park...
A lot of different people were there,
Most of them were already asleep
under a big white sacks,
I suddenly cried out all my fears...
Tears keep on falling,
As memories flashing back in my mind,
I have nothing in my stomach but a piece of bread...
I am so thirsty that all I can do is to cry,
I lay down at the wet grass without anything on,
I felt the coldness of the night...
My tears never stopped...
Why me?

I do have a dreams in my life,
but why do i have to suffer much?
I grown up so matured than my other friends,
I am just a 12-year-old-girl but thinks like 20.
I want to help my family...
but I am so helpless too...
I want to save the world,
but how? If I cannot even save myself...

I want to erase the poverty in the dictionary,
I begin to write a farewell letter to my mind,
And I closed my eyes with tears,
wishing that tomorrow I will never have my fears...

I thought of it a million times before,
I know everybody could understand me,
And I wish they will not judge me for what I got to do...
Because I swear I will change the world tomorrow...
When they would watch me on the t.v.
I would not be a superstar, but at least, I have made a difference
and would leave a realization to everyone.
........when am already gone.......

0 comments: